Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Natio...and a Skin Talk

Hello my lovelies! The sun is shining, I'm currently sat on my balcony typing away with my dog at my feet and the newly-found knowledge that our beautiful flowering tree is actually a Yoshino Cherry Blossom.


All this bountiful Spring energy is loosening me up a little, and I think it's high time I write about something that's been bothering me quite a bit lately...my skin.

All through my teenage years I hardly had any trouble at all with pimples or acne. A little spot here or there but they quickly went away. I was known for having clear skin when the rest of my grade was struggling with redness and low skin self esteem.

Yet here I am, officially 20 years old, and my skin seems to have taken a turn for the worst. Especially around my chin and lips, spreading up towards my cheeks. I was so confused when this started happening - at first I put it down to hormones, but as the weeks passed I realised I had not been taking proper care of my skin.


I wrote about the beautiful Sukin products I used daily here, but I must admit, I was hardly using the products consistently. I definitely use the moisturiser daily, but not so much the cleanser, as I usually keep it for when I've been wearing make-up. This 'routine' if you can call it that, was not working.

Enter Natio: an exfoliating scrub with jojoba beads used 2-3 times per week in order to clear the skin of impurities. I've always been super wary of using exfoliating scrubs...I'm worried they'll irritate the skin rather than revive it. But, never having dealt with this sort of problem before, I thought, what the hell, and gave it a try.


I would never lie on my blog, and really, sometimes it's more of a personal log for me to look back on. As soon as I used the product for a week, my skin began to clear. The little spots weren't reappearing or taking on new forms - instead, they were fading into scars from my poor care of them, and eventually, I hope, will disappear forever.

Natio leaves your skin feeling supple and clean - a feeling I really missed.

Here's to better skin, ladies xx

p.s. this post is NOT sponsored :)
p.p.s. Do you spot the Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm? I tried it after my beloved grapefruit one ran out, but I think they hit the mark with the pomegranate smell - not appealing at all. Where's my grapefruit!?



No comments:

Post a Comment